After a 7 days loaded with a number of outbreaks, higher new scenario counts, and a higher demise toll, there were some hints of most likely encouraging indicators right now.
Scenario counts in all types are lower than yesterday’s quantities. On the other hand, total degrees still continue being reasonably higher in a lot of spots.
In the meantime, Upper Fraser Valley RCMP announced right now that Chilliwack RCMP billed and fined 3 unnamed churches that held in-particular person companies on December six and 13 for defying provincial health and fitness orders that prohibit gatherings. (For a lot more information, see this short article.)
B.C. provincial health and fitness officer and Well being Minister Adrian Dix announced in a joint statement that there are 624 new conditions (which include four epi-linked conditions) in B.C. right now, with the bulk (sixty five per cent) in Fraser Well being (in comparison, the subsequent highest is Vancouver Coastal Well being at 17 per cent).
By region there ended up:
- 406 new conditions in Fraser Well being
- 106 in Vancouver Coastal Well being region
- sixty in Inside Well being
- forty seven in the Northern Well being
- 5 in Island Well being
- no 1 from exterior Canada.
Now, there are 356 persons in clinic (two a lot less than yesterday), with ninety two of all those people in intense care models (1 a lot less particular person due to the fact yesterday).
Active conditions have declined by 31 persons due to the fact yesterday to nine,978 lively conditions.
Public health and fitness is now monitoring ten,211 persons (for publicity to confirmed conditions), which is 177 a lot less persons due to the fact yesterday.
Sad to say, there are eleven new deaths right now. On the other hand, the selection is lower than a lot of of the previous times this 7 days which have been amid the highest so far throughout the pandemic.
The overall fatalities is now at 724 persons who have died throughout the pandemic.
In the meantime, a overall of 33,589 persons have now recovered.
In the course of the pandemic, B.C. has recorded a cumulative overall of 45,four hundred conditions, which involves:
- 28,887 conditions in Fraser Well being (sixty four per cent)
- ten,969 in Vancouver Coastal Well being (24 per cent)
- three,124 in Inside Well being (seven per cent)
- 1,509 in Northern Well being (3 per cent)
- 808 in Island Well being (two per cent)
- 103 persons from exterior Canada (a lot less than 1 per cent).
Yesterday, 1,376 doses of the vaccine ended up offered to healthcare personnel, for a overall of two,592 doses due to the fact immunization commenced on December fifteen.
The excellent information is that there aren’t any new healthcare outbreaks.
Island Well being presented an update about the outbreak at Saanich Peninsula Hospital in Sannichton (declared on December 1), where by 1 a lot more affected individual and a lot more 1 personnel member have tested optimistic. A overall of eleven people and eleven personnel customers have now tested optimistic, and there have been 3 deaths.
Just one local community outbreak is at the Rossdown Natural Food items poultry-processing facility in Abbotsford, which Fraser Well being announced yesterday. (For a lot more information, see this short article.)
None of the 5 regional health and fitness authorities reported any new community publicity gatherings.
None of the only 3 food items-relevant organizations that are publicly reporting confirmed conditions at their stores—Sobeys, Loblaws, and T&T Supermarket—reported any new conditions.
The B.C. Centre for Ailment Control has not shown any new flights confirmed with COVID-19 right now.
Now was the past working day of school ahead of wintertime holiday getaway vacations.
On the other hand, the selection of schools with new exposures was greater than yesterday.
4 health and fitness areas experienced a overall of 36 schools with new publicity dates. Once more, Island Well being was the only region that didn’t have any schools with new publicity dates.
Northern Well being experienced 3 schools with new publicity dates.
In Smithers, Walnut Park Elementary (4092 Mountainview Avenue) experienced exposures from December nine to ten.
In Terrace, two schools experienced publicity gatherings:
- Mountain Perspective Christian Academy (3306 Griffith Street) experienced exposures from December seven to 8
- Thornhill Major Faculty (3860 Paquette Avenue) experienced exposures on December four, seven to eleven, and fourteen to 17.
In the meantime, Inside Well being also experienced 3 schools with new publicity dates.
In Vernon, Clarence Fulton Secondary School (2301 Fulton Street)—which experienced previous exposure gatherings from October 5 to 8 and from November 30 to December 2—added December nine.
Two schools in Kelowna additional new dates:
- Rutland Senior Secondary (705 Rutland Street North) in Rutland—which had previous exposure gatherings from November 16 to 19 from November 23 to twenty five and 27 from December 1 to four and on December 7—added December nine to ten
- Immaculata Regional Large Faculty (1493 KLO Street)—which had previous exposure dates on November four, six, and nine from November 16 to 19 and on December 1, two, four, and seven to 9—added December ten to eleven.
Vancouver Coastal Well being experienced two schools in Richmond with new publicity dates:
- H.J. Cambie Secondary Faculty (4151 Jacombs Street)—which previously had exposures from October 13 to 16 and on October 19 and from November two to 6—had a new publicity party from December fourteen to fifteen
- McKay Elementary Faculty (7360 Lombard Street) experienced exposures from December ten to eleven and fourteen.
Fraser Well being
As soon as once again, Fraser Well being experienced the most schools with new publicity dates—28 schools.
4 schools in Abbotsford experienced new dates:
- Abbotsford Senior Secondary (33355 Bevan Avenue)—which previously had publicity incidents on October 14 on November six and 9 from November 17 to 20 on November 27 from December three to four and from December seven to 8—added December nine
- McMillan Elementary (34830 Oakhill Travel), which beforehand experienced exposures from December seven to 8, additional December ten
- Terry Fox Elementary (3071 Babich Street), which previously had an publicity on December four, additional December eleven
- Cornerstone Christian School (520–3970 Gladwin Street)—which previously had exposures from November 18 to 20 and from November 21 to 25—added December four.
In Burnaby, Edmonds Local community Elementary (7651 18th Avenue)—which beforehand experienced exposures on November 26, 27, and 30 on December seven and December ten and 11—added November 12 to fourteen.
4 schools in Chilliwack experienced new exposures:
- John Calvin Christian Faculty (4268 Stewart Road) experienced exposures from December nine to eleven and fourteen
- A.D. Rundle Middle (45660 Hocking Avenue)—which previously had exposures from October 26 to 29 from December three to four and on December 7—added December fourteen
- Promontory Heights Local community Elementary (46200 Stoneview Travel)—which previously had exposures on November 26 and from 28 to 30 on November 27 and December 1 to three and from November 28 and 30 to December three and 7—added December 8 to 19
- Sardis Secondary (45460 Stevenson Street)—which previously had exposures from October 26 to 30 from November 23 to twenty five on November 30 and from December 1 to 2—added December 8 and eleven as publicity dates.
4 schools in Delta additional new dates:
- Delview Secondary (9111 116th Street)—which previously had an publicity on October 29 from November six to 16 from November 23 to twenty five from November 26 to 27 andon December 3—added December seven to ten
- Devon Gardens Elementary (8884 Russell Travel) experienced exposures from December seven to 8
- Hellings Elementary (11655 86th Avenue)—which previously had exposures on November 19, 20, and from 23 to 27 and on November 30 and December 1—added December four
- Seaquam Secondary (11584 Lyon Street)—which had previous exposures on November 2 from November 12 to 13 and 16 on November 20 and 23 and from November 24 to 27—added December seven.
In Langley, Peter Ewart Center School (7755 202a Street)—which previously had exposures from November 26 and 27 and from November 30 to December 2—added December seven to nine.
In Maple Ridge, two amenities ended up shown with new exposures:
- Thomas Haney Secondary (23000 116th Avenue)—which had previous exposure incidents on October 26 and on November 17 and from December nine to 11—added December 8
- Thomas Haney Centre (23000 116th Avenue) experienced exposures from December nine to eleven.
In New Westminster, two schools experienced new exposures:
- Queen Elizabeth Elementary (921 Salter Street), which beforehand experienced an publicity on November 20, experienced exposures on December four and seven to nine
- Queensborough Center Faculty (833 Salter Street)—which previously had exposures from September 21 to 22 and from November 24 to twenty five and December two to 3—added December four and seven to nine.
In Port Moody, Heritage Woods Secondary Faculty (1300 David Avenue), which beforehand experienced an publicity on October fifteen, experienced a new publicity on December four.
Surrey experienced 9 schools with new exposures:
- A.H.P. Matthew Elementary (13367 97th Avenue) experienced an publicity on December fourteen
- Brookside Elementary (8555 142a Street)—which previously had exposures from November 24 to 26 and from November 30 to December 1—added December four and seven to nine
- École Salish Secondary (7278 184 Street), which beforehand experienced an publicity on October 16, experienced exposures on December seven, nine, and eleven
- Elgin Park Secondary (13484 24 Avenue)—which previously had exposures on November ten and December 1 and on December three, four, and 9—added December seven to 8
- École Panorama Ridge Secondary (13220 64th Avenue)—which beforehand experienced exposures on September 8 and 10 from September 30 to October 1 from October six to nine and 13 to 15 from October 19 to 20 on November three, four, and 5 on November 16 from November 17 to 19 on November 20 and 23 from November 24 to 27 and 30 from December 1 to two from December three to four and from December nine to 10—added December seven to 8
- Sullivan Heights Secondary (6248 144th Street)—which had previous incidents on September 8, from September 30 to October 1 from October 13 to fifteen, and on October 19 from October 20 to 22 on October 30 from November three to 5 from November four to 5 and 12 on November ten and 13 from November 17 to 20 from November 23 to 25 from November 30 to December three and on December four and from December seven to 9—added December eleven
- T.E. Scott Elementary (7079 148th Street)—which previously had exposures from September fourteen to fifteen, and from November 17 to 18 from November 19 to 20 on November twenty five and 27 on November 24 and from November 27 and 30 to December 3—added December ten and fourteen
- Woodward Hill Elementary (6082 142 Street)—which previously had exposures from October fourteen to 16 and 19 to 20 and from November 16 to 18—added December four, nine, ten, and eleven
- Khalsa Faculty Newton (6933 124th Street)—which previously had exposure gatherings from September 22 to 25 from October 20 to 22 from October 28 to 30 from November 16 to 17 from November 18 to 20 from November 23 to 24 on November 26, 27, and 30 from December 1 to two on December four and 11—added December nine to ten.