Previously this 7 days, B.C. provincial health and fitness officer Dr. Bonnie Henry had mentioned that the province was heading in the proper all round path in reducing scenario quantities, and data unveiled afterwards in the 7 days from the B.C. Centre for Sickness Command illustrated that observation.
At the same, on the other hand, she had also cautioned that general public health and fitness had begun to notice an uptick in specific regions.
Nowadays, B.C. reported a sudden jump in new scenario quantities, bigger than the 300- to four hundred-scenario variety of the previous 7 days.
In the meantime, the Vancouver Police Division unveiled its report about criminal offense in 2020, which disclosed that anti-Asian dislike crimes soared during the pandemic by 717 p.c, compared to 2019.
In health and fitness violation information, antimaskers are arranging to keep a rally in Vancouver on Saturday (February twenty) and only five p.c of COVID-19 fines have been paid out so significantly, according to ICBC data.
Henry and Wellness Minister Adrian Dix mentioned in a information launch that there are 617 new cases (which includes 4 epi-linked cases) in B.C. currently.
- 342 new cases in Fraser Wellness (55 p.c)
- 146 in Vancouver Coastal Wellness (24 p.c)
- 92 in Northern Wellness (15 p.c)
- 19 in Island Wellness (a few p.c)
- seventeen in Inside Wellness (a few p.c)
- one particular individual from outside the house of Canada (fewer than one particular p.c).
Northern Wellness had an unusually higher amount of cases, while Inside Wellness had a a lot decreased amount than usual.
With a minimize of eight hospitalized cases, there are now 224 people in hospitals, with sixty of them in intensive treatment units (a few fewer because yesterday).
Sadly there are 4 new COVID-19-associated fatalities, which delivers the cumulative total fatalities to one,321 men and women in B.C. who have died during the pandemic.
General public health and fitness is checking 7,440 men and women for exposures to identified cases.
A cumulative total of sixty nine,602 men and women have now recovered.
Throughout the pandemic, B.C. has recorded a cumulative total of 75,327 cases, which contains:
- 44,462 cases in Fraser Wellness (59 p.c)
- seventeen,371 in Vancouver Coastal Wellness (23 p.c)
- 7,072 in Inside Wellness (nine p.c)
- 4,227 in Northern Wellness (six p.c)
- 2,046 in Island Wellness (a few p.c)
- 149 men and women from outside the house of Canada (below one particular p.c).
In B.C.’s immunization plan, a total of 180,691 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered as of currently, and 29,952 of individuals are second doses.
Regrettably, two new health care outbreaks have been declared.
Fraser Wellness declared a new health care outbreak at Surrey’s Fleetwood Villa, wherever a few residents have tested optimistic.
Inside Wellness has declared an outbreak at the Florentine in Merritt, wherever one particular resident has tested optimistic.
Vancouver Coastal Wellness (VCH) furnished an update on cases in Whistler, wherever it is continuing to notice “a sustained reduction in COVID-19 transmission” in comparison to preceding weeks.
From February 8 to 15, there ended up fifty six new cases, additionally an additional six more mature cases that ended up geographically identified as residents of Whistler.
The total amount confirmed because January one is now at 676 cases.
VCH mentioned that the vast majority of the cases continue to be between youthful older people, with transmission primarily occurring within household settings.
VCH also included a opportunity exposure event at Hook Sea Bar (1210 Denman Road) in Vancouver’s West Close, which took position during operating hours from February nine to fourteen.
The restaurant introduced on February 16 that it is voluntarily closing for sanitization after one particular of its employees customers tested optimistic. The reopening date stays to be determined.
“Our crew is committed to defending the health and fitness and basic safety of our local community and for that motive we have proactively made a decision be closed for an open ended total of time,” the establishment mentioned.
T&T Grocery store reported that a aspect-time employee who tested optimistic past labored on February eleven at the Metrotown retail store (147–4800 Kingsway) in Burnaby.
Loblaw reported that two of its Actual Canadian Superstore destinations had employees customers who tested optimistic, which contains:
- two workers who past labored on February 7 and 13 at the 910 Columbia Road West retail store in Kamloops
- one particular employee who past labored on February twelve at the 2155 Ferry Avenue retail store in Prince George.
The B.C. Centre for Sickness Command (BCCDC) included the following 4 flights to its lists of opportunity exposures:
- February nine: WestJet Flight 3110, Kelowna to Calgary
- February twelve: Aeromexico Flight 9644, Mexico Town to Vancouver
- February twelve, Air Canada Flight 114, Vancouver to Toronto
- February twelve, Air Canada/Jazz Flight 8050, Victoria to Vancouver.
Afflicted row info is available at the BCCDC web site.