For the 1st time in in excess of a week, today’s new case depend rose higher than the 600 mark.
Meanwhile in vaccine news, Well being Canada announced today that it has authorised the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
On Monday (March 8), persons in excess of ninety years of age and Indigenous persons in excess of 65 years of age will be able to reserve vaccine appointments. All other age teams are asked to wait to call right up until their registration period starts.
B.C. provincial wellbeing officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Well being Minister Adrian Dix explained, in a joint statement, that there are 634 new conditions (together with a few epi-linked conditions) in B.C. today.
That involves, by location:
- 365 new conditions in Fraser Well being
- 149 in Vancouver Coastal Well being
- sixty in the Northern Well being
- 33 in Inside Well being
- 26 in Island Well being
- just one person from exterior of Canada.
At the instant, there are four,901 active conditions, which is an enhance of 159 more conditions due to the fact yesterday.
With seven more persons admitted to hospitals with COVID-19 due to the fact yesterday, there are now 255 men and women are hospitalized today, and 66 of them are in intensive treatment models (two more persons due to the fact yesterday).
Community wellbeing is monitoring 8,861 persons who had been uncovered to identified cases—an enhance of 202 persons due to the fact yesterday.
Sadly, there are 4 more COVID-19-connected fatalities, which provides the full fatalities in the course of the pandemic to 1,380 persons who have died in B.C.
With 483 recoveries due to the fact yesterday, a cumulative full of 76,752 persons (ninety two percent) have now recovered.
B.C. has now recorded a full of eighty three,107 conditions in the course of the pandemic, which involves (by location):
- forty eight,776 in Fraser Well being
- 19,306 in Vancouver Coastal Well being
- 7,555 in Inside Well being
- four,799 in Northern Well being
- 2,515 in Island Well being
- 156 persons from exterior Canada.
B.C. has 4 new variant conditions, for a full of 250 cumulative conditions. At this time, 12 of the conditions continue to be active.
So far, B.C. has experienced:
- 222 conditions of the B117 (U.K.) variant
- 28 conditions of the B1351 (South Africa) variant.
B.C.’s immunization program handed a milestone, with in excess of 300,000 doses administered.
As of today, 311,208 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered, and 86,865 of all those are 2nd doses.
1 new health care facility outbreak has been declared at the Holmberg Dwelling Hospice in Abbotsford.
Northern Well being announced today that a probable COVID-19 exposure at North Coastline Changeover Society’s Crane’s Crossing shelter (1080 3rd Avenue West) in Prince Rupert transpired involving February 22 and 24.
Anybody who visited the shelter in the course of that time period is asked to check on their own for 14 days after the date of visit. Anybody who develops signs or symptoms really should call the Northern Well being Virtual Clinic and information line for Northern B.C. inhabitants at 1-844-645-7811.
The B.C. Centre for Disorder Command (BCCDC) extra the following two flights to its lists of COVID-19 exposures:
- February 28: Air Canada/Jazz Flight 8239, Terrace to Vancouver, impacted rows 3 to nine
- March 3: Air Canada Flight forty five, Delhi to Vancouver, impacted rows 21 to 27.
Loblaw extra five merchants with personnel customers who have analyzed optimistic.
1 store was the Davie Avenue Your Unbiased Grocer (1255 Davie Avenue) in Vancouver, where an personnel who analyzed optimistic very last worked on March 1.
Two other merchants had been Shoppers Drug Mart areas:
- just one personnel who analyzed optimistic very last worked on February 28 at 102–22441 Dewdney Trunk Street in Maple Ridge
- just one personnel who analyzed optimistic very last worked on March 1 at 141–610 6th Avenue in New Westminster.
The remaining two merchants were Real Canadian Superstore areas:
- two workforce who analyzed optimistic very last worked on February 23 and 27 at 8195 a hundred and twentieth Avenue in Delta
- just one personnel who analyzed optimistic very last worked on February 24 at 3000 Lougheed Freeway in Coquitlam.